Saturday, June 20, 2009

Gift Card holder




I decided to make a gift card holder to hold a present for my husband for Father's Day.I had seen it on another site before Christmas and wrote down the dimensions but didn't try it at that time. Unfortunately, I couldn't locate the source right now but I will continue to try to locate that information so I can give credit where it's due.


The dimensions for it are :cardstock cut 9"x4 1/2", DP(designer paper)2 sections cut 2 7/8'x2 1/2",scrap paper or stickers for the name or a hi (mine was cut using my Cuttlebug Olivia Alphabet Set.It was a simple matter of folding the cardstock in thirds,using my boning tool to make a sharp edge.I next cut the last section on a diagonal , throwing away the discarded piece. I used the 2 precut DP pieces for the cover and also as a liner . I used a glue stick to stick them on and let it dry for a while. I cut a matching piece of ribbon as the closer with a yellow cardstock star cut on my Sixxix.I put small pieces of tape on the back of the star to hold the ribbon together and added a sticker on the front of the star from Jolees Boutique Father's Day package.I slipped in the gift card slipped the closure back on and I was all done.


2 comments:

  1. How clever and he will love it I am sure. I love the bright cheerful colors and the way you can tuck something in it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really neat - great idea Chris - you can never have too many ideas for these things can you?

    ReplyDelete