Monday, June 29, 2009

Blooming Beauty


Today I was able to try out a new set of Clear Dollar Stamps. It is the Blooming Fun set and haven't gotten around to using it before today. It is a nice set which includes 2 flower heads, stem, leaf ,a butterfly, snail and ladybug along with several small words.
I used the stylized flower head, stem, and leaf(stamped twice) from the set for this card. I stamped the parts of the flower, using Marvy Markers Lt. Green(for the stem and leaves), and Butterscotch for the flower. Next I took out my Bruynzeel Pastel Pencils to apply color to the stamped images. I used both the Sapgreen and Indian Yellow colors. I trimmed the completed flower, applied it to a off white textured paper from my scraps and attached it to the dark green cardstock. Next I stamped my saying (Hero Arts)on a pale vanilla scrap piece in Memories Sepia. Using a sponge, inked around the words and attached it to the card. My liner inside is another piece of the pale vanilla cardstock. I used my decorative paper edgers on both the verse and the liner and used a corner rounder on the flower image.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Chris! I love that sentiment!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I won't even mention a certain Christmas song at a grocery store. ;) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete