Thursday, July 9, 2009

Praying Hands




  • I recently got the ODBD set, Lift up our Hands. It is a lovely set and I decided to use it for a thinking of you card. I used a sheet of BG porcelain paper as the background paper. First I cut it to fit on the top of my speckled green/gray cardstock.Next,I sponged around the edge of the BG paper with inks from the Kaleidoscope Creole Spice pad to pick up the colors in the BG paper. Digging through the scrapbox, I found a pale kraft scrap and using the praying hands stamp from the set, stamped it with Memories sepia ink.Next I carefully tore the edges of the hand image. The image was glued on the BG paper.I punched small hole and using Club Wedd Vanilla ribbon created a fancy tie and added a diamond bronze brad to jazz it a bit. I added a touch of Stickles Star Dusk on the brad to finish it off.The last step was to use glue dots to assemble the card.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris! First and foremost thank you for so very much for your ever so sweet comment!! This world of blogging is loads of funa and as you said, everyone has been soooo super generous with help and advice!! It's great! We'll help one another out a "newbies" in blogging! I will add you to my favourite links and become a follower of your blog - feel free to do so with mine!
    Hugs,
    Eve

    ReplyDelete