Friday, April 15, 2011

It's wonderful finding


something that is just right for a gift. Becca Feeken on her blog, Amazing Paper Grace yesterday(14th of April) had something that really attracted me . It was a Potpourri Holder made from a 12x12 sheet of paper. I tried to replicate it with my supplies at hand . I like how it turned out although I haven't quite completed the inside of the holder yet .Following the directions in her tutorial on the blog,(amazingpapergrace.com/potpourri-holder) off I went to try it out. I used 1 sheet of ivory Bazzill, which was sponged with Distress Ink Tea Dye all over on both sides to give the folder an antique appearance. Next I cut a scrap of K&Company paper to glue on the front but added Offray Enhance ribbon first to act as a closure. The shaped panel was cut with a Spellbinders Lattice die while the sentiment is from ODBD Scripture Collection 4 and inked with Memories Sepia on a piece of pale gold scrap paper. The dimensional stickers are from Michaels with the flowers are from my stash. The MS punched butterfly is from the Glimmer Mist scraps from the other day that I prepared. It had 2 pockets inside that I edged with Fiskars edge punches. I plan to add some bath salts or potpourri packets inside but I haven't made a shopping trip for that yet. Thank you Becca for your inspiration.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment