Monday, February 14, 2011

My Lovebug


My husband and I met back in college ages ago.Even back then, I was making cards.Before my stamping times, I made a comic type little girl which I used on everyone's cards. He saved each one I made him and later even his parents expected a homemade card from me for birthdays. As life happens, my card making days slowly stopped as the children arrived. I returned to creating cards a number of years ago and enjoy it . Finding those stamps recently that I had carefully tucked away, made me remember those ones bought for a special occasion or person. At the last swap I went to, I spotted this CTMH Love Bug set. It was a steal at $1.00 and I thought my husband would like it. You see as newlyweds we had a beige VW bug(very 1970's). Here it is Valentine's Day and I was right. He loved it.
I made a pocket card with a bookmark, as he likes to read with Love Bug stamped on the tag and small Lady Bugs crawling around the edges. I also think he liked the bag of Dark Chocolate Macadamia Nuts for a gift I included as a gift.
Card Details:
Inks: Distress Ink-Brushed Corduroy,Barn Door
Tag:MACO #5
Happy Crafting and a Happy Valentine's Day to all!

3 comments:

  1. Aww...how cute, and of course a sweet story! :)
    hugs...Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet! I love the cute VW image! Brings back memories..... I had to learn to drive in a Beetle.....darn clutch about killed me! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! And I know DH must have loved it! Have a blessed week, Melisa

    ReplyDelete