Monday, February 7, 2011

New Cards



I have been busy working on several cards. Here are 2 of them. I needed a card for someone who is seriously ill. In this situation, sometimes fewer words is the best choice for a sentiment. Using unknown scraps from earlier projects, this one came together quickly. I used one of my CM punch sets. The set includes 2 sizes of square punches and with dual sided paper a snap. After gluing the 2 squares together, the edge of the strip was distressed using a scissor. The PSX stamp sentiment worked well and the kraft card stock folder displays the design well. There are restrictions for the person's medical care and no glitter, or flowers even silk ones are permitted in the room.I think this will remind my friend how much I care.
The second card is -Cherish Life's Moments. This sentiment from Hero Arts is combined with a part of Paper Trey Ink's 4th anniversary tags. It is a free gift for subscribers and downloaded from their site. The Bazzill Grass Green folder was combined with a piece of bias fabric tape I sprayed with Tattered Rose Glimmer Mist. After drying, I opened the piece , glued it down on the CS ,then added a piece of satin Wyla ribbon on the top. The PTI tag was watercolored, then punched out with a Marvy circle punch.The sentiment was stamped with Mementos Tuxedo Black each card Another CAS card was completed and being sent off tomorrow for an anniversary greeting.
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment