Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mother Nature

and her never ending torrents of rain in our area of SE Michigan ; storms combined with a pumping station 90 miles away going off line equals more like 20 inches of sewage water in our basement. What a mess and it is the first time in 24 years in our home to have this kind of disaster. As we are blessed today with actually finding a utility pump in a Home Depot only 20 miles away ,we are now pumping ourselves out as this is being written. We are unsure about the status of the furnace, water heater, dryer,washer(just repaired by my husband for$ 250.00 a week ago)let alone all of those special heirlooms-Lionel Trains, my doll collection, Christmas items, our tree, and so many cartons of children's books (I was getting ready to donate to a school from my teaching days), and even my wedding gown and so many keepsakes. AAK... but as Bob said ,it is only things. Our photo albums were upstairs as was my special Norwegian costume from childhood. We have our health, each other and will work through this "inconvenient glitch in our lives". Our thoughts and prayers go out to those many people impacted more seriously due to weather conditions in recent days all over our country.
I am not expecting to be blogging for a while but I hope to have time soon again for papercrafting.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to read about the flooding and the loss of your keepsakes. My heart goes out to you and the other families impacted too.

    ReplyDelete