Sunday, May 8, 2011

Wishing all





a beautiful day especially to all of the Moms . It was a gorgeous day today. Our Mom/Daughter dinner event on Friday night was a big hit. We had over 85 in attendance and a hat contest with prizes along with a crazy fashion show. I was Ms. Stamps during the parade of wardrobe and created an outfit for myself with stamping items pinned all over it.
The food was great and the husbands waited on the tables and best of all did all of the dishes and cleaned up the church kitchen!!! After the dinner, I sold a bunch of my cards in the boutique area with all of the money going towards our mission work projects. These were the two most popular cards . The papers were from my trusty scrap box , I'm still working on that pile of papers. The card on the left includes a PTI Fillable Frame #10 shape that I bought from another crafter recently. That sentiment is from Sweet n Sassy.

*********
On Saturday, it was the big Mega Meet in our area for papercrafters. I went with some church friends. It's a girl's day out for us and we have fun checking out all the new things available from different companies in their booths. I did buy a few new stamps...but I went with a limited budget plan and my trusty lists so I wouldn't be too tempted. I made a splurge at the QVC outlet scrap booking booth and bought a Cosmo Cricket kit with 9,000 piece kit, originally $60.00 for $10.00. It includes 2 8x8 albums, frames, magnets, and all sorts of projects, included materials to create cards. I found out that all of us in our group did too. On the way home in the car, we decided we should have a project day to create gifts for the holiday bazaar from the kits. There were two different one kits to choose from there along with a smaller kit for $5.00. Since it was the last day of the show, several booths offered discounts on their remaining stock which was terrific . There were many make & take demos too. A great but busy weekend for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment