Friday, September 18, 2009

Winter Joy



I have been trying out different ideas for special cards for the Christmas holidays...coming faster than we expect.This card includes one of my all time favorite stamps.I bought it in Independence, Missouri years ago during a visit to my BIL's family. It is so simply yet lovely. I have it on display during the holidays each year but I think this may be what I want to use this time around. The background paper was a half sheet I bought at that store swap recently so I don't know where the glittery plaid came from but I'm sure I can find something like it at the store too. The image was stamped with Mementos Tuxedo Black ink, cut out and colored with Zig Markers, then glued on to that torn edged glittery plaid. The word Joy was die cut from Sizzix Doodle Dies Christmas Set. The paper was treated with Glimmer Mist Pearl to add more sheen to the card.The only thing I might add would be a snowflake brad to the o in the word Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment